Navitas is ready to invest in you! We are seeking an experienced Lab Administrator in Ann Arbor, Michigan that will work as part of the research & development team, will handle most R&D laboratory support functions (R&D equipment management and maintenance program, waste management, chemical hygiene team, chemical inventory, R&D liaison to facilities engineering and environmental/health/safety teams, etc.) for a 25-person battery science laboratory. The Administrator may have special assignments or assist with lithium-ion battery laboratory work during lull periods in laboratory administration.
Estimated hourly rate range: $20-$22
Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and training
(1) Manage equipment/area hygiene, maintenance and internal owner (“champion”) assignments,
(2) Chemical hygiene including chemical inventory and SDS management,
(3) R&D team chemical waste management,
(4) Policy enforcement including chemical labelling, safety policies, and PPE wear,
(5) Conduct R&D area inspections,
(6) Liaison to Navitas/East Penn facilities and environmental, health and safety teams,
(7) Lab equipment calibrations management,
(8) R&D documents control and quality/compliance system management,
(9) Consumable materials management, inventory and replenishment; etc.
(10) Evaluate staff annually on compliance with laboratory management policies and assignments
Navitas/East Penn offers excellent benefits:
At Navitas/East Penn, our employees are our culture; our employees will always be the heart of the company. We are a private, family-owned enterprise committed to cultivating an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do. More than 38% of our workforce has over a decade of service. Our open-door management policy, comprehensive benefits package, employee appreciation and recognition events, and career advancement opportunities are just some of the ways we show our employees how incredibly valued they are.